High uric acid symptoms usually come in the form of diseases. An example of this is Gout, a disease in which there is swelling in the joints, most times in the arms and legs. This causes people great pain, where even the slightest amount of pressure, like that of a blanket can cause pain in the joint.

The most common place to develop Gout is in your big toe. Symptoms of Gout are swollen, warm areas around the joint, with white lumps under the skin. The white lumps are urate crystals (also known as tophi), and so this is where the high uric acid level comes into play.

Normally, the excess uric acid goes through the kidneys and out of your body in your urine. However, when there is a build up of this acid, because your body is not getting rid of it quick enough, then Gout can develop. The build up of uric acid can also lead to other problems such as kidney stones. This is when urate crystals collect in the urinary system, which can lead to other problems such as infection or damage to the kidneys. When the pain of kidney stones is severe, it is known as renal colic.

The two basic causes of these two diseases are that your kidneys are not getting rid of the uric acid fast enough, or too much is being produced. There are certain ways though that its high levels can be avoided: drinking less alcohol can improve your urinary system; having a balanced diet where you do not eat too much red meat or seafood and generally staying at a healthy weight.

However, there are certain unavoidable characteristics that can increase your chances of having a high level or uric acid, such as being a man between the age of 30 and 60; being a woman who has gone through the menopause; and having a family history of Gout or other uric acid related diseases. There are medicines around that can help to relieve the pains in joints, such as flexcin.

It may be worth reading some flexcin reviews and sometimes others that are on the market. It is worth checking that they follow with your medical conditions. Alternately, you can keep your joint raised and rested. If you go to a doctor, you may be able to get support for the joint. It is better however if you can support whilst keeping the joint uncoovered. Apply wrapped up ice to the joint to reduce swelling.

Do not try to participate in any excess physical activity. The best thing to do would be to go to a doctor and let him check it out, because it may turn out to be something totally different, such as a fraction in the joint.