Green Lipped Mussel-A Natural Anti-Inflammatory Supplement
The Green Lipped Mussel is one of the most nutritious whole foods created by our nature. The minerals found in the Green Lipped Mussel are similar to those in healthy human blood on a molecular level. It is rich in protein, iron and vitamin-12. It contains glucosamine and chondroitin in natural form. It is being used as an anti-inflammatory supplement worldwide.
What is Arthritis?
The myth of arthritis – most people believe that arthritis is the process of aging.
The fact is arthritis is not a part of aging. There are many people suffering from the pain of arthritis under the age of 60 and even children can get arthritis. There are more than 100 type of arthritis. The most important thing is to know the most common type of arthritis and learn how you can prevent them and keep your joint healthy and live a happy life.
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis. It is true that your chances of getting osteoarthritis increases as you aged due to wear and tear of your joints. However, there are things that we can do to minimize the risk.
Prevention of Arthritis
Obesity is a major risk factor for developing osteoarthritis because the heavy weight of your body exerts a great pressure on your joints especially at the knees and ankles. So watch your weight to reduce your risk of getting osteoarthritis.
- High impact sports, abuse and injuries are also risk factors for developing osteoarthritis. According to the Arthritis Foundation, athletes and sport persons have a higher risk of developing osteoarthritis. To minimize your risk, try your best to prevent injuries. Implement proper training procedures to minimize stress on your joints.
- Regular light exercises such as walking, biking and swimming can help to prevent arthritis and are even good for people already suffering from osteoarthritis. Regular activities will help reducing joint pain and improve joint function. Most importantly, exercises will help you to maintain a healthy weight and reduce stress on your joints.
- Eating right can also help to prevent osteoarthritis. Eat a balanced diet, replace high calories foods with low calories one. A balanced diet will help you get all the necessary nutrients for normal metabolism and help to maintain a healthy weight.
Treatment of Arthritis
There are many drugs used to treat arthritis but all of them have some kind of negative side effects.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including ibuprofen and aspirin are used to relieve pain, fever and inflammation. These can cause side effects such as stomach bleeding and increased risk for heart and cardiovascular problems.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) has the same medical effects as NSAIDs but it can be harmful to your liver and kidney.
- Corticosteroid is another drug commonly used to treat arthritis, but it can cause weight gain which will eventually increase the stress on your joints. This drug can also increase your risk for infection, cataracts and weak bone (osteoporosis).
- There are other drugs used in treating arthritis but unfortunately all of them have serious negative side effects.
Green Lipped Mussel – Anti-Inflammatory Supplement Created By Nature
Due to the negative effects of using conventional drugs, many people are now turning to the Green Lipped Mussel as an alternative anti-inflammatory supplement.
Green Lipped Mussel is widely known for two distinct properties:
- Relieves joint pain
- Suppresses inflammation
These are the two benefits that most of GLM anti-inflammatory supplements in the market now provide. However, the actual benefits of the Green Lipped Mussel can be many times more than these if only the raw materials are processed fresh and using the right procedures.
The other possible benefits of the Green Lipped Mussel are:
- Beauty for the skin, hair and nails
- Improvement of the blood circulatory system
- Improvement of the immune system
- Improve the potential for fertility
- Improve the function of nervous system
- Being a whole food containing omega-3 which fulfills the body's nutrition requirement
Green Lipped Mussel supplement definately can help to improve the health of people suffering from osteoarthritis provided they pick the right brand.